PEAR Forum :: PHP Extension and Application Repository

PEAR Forum Forum Index
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
USA local search engine

View previous topic :: View next topic  
localsearchengine

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2007 2:26 am    Post subject: USA local search engine Reply with quote

Hello everybody.
I'm developing a website, oriented to products and services for local users. For a lot of reasons I would like to create subdomains for each state of USA. As my own site is still mostly in my mind, to get an idea of what I'm looking for - you can look here Montana fsbo or here Wyoming homes (this is certanly not the best example of webdesign and usability, BUT those guys made EXACTLY what I need from the point of view of subdomains).
So my question is the following: how is it better to configure DNS and web-server to make the same way (I will use linux hosting). Truly speaking I know how to make it working for 3-4 subdomains but if we make 50 different independent subdomains - the maintenance and support will by very difucult.
Thank you in advance.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PEAR Forum Forum Index -> Semantic Web All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: