PEAR Forum :: PHP Extension and Application Repository

PEAR Forum Forum Index
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Installation problem over Windows XP

Post new topic   Reply to topic    PEAR Forum Forum Index -> Installation, Upgrading & Configuration
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kyllwtr

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2011 11:48 am    Post subject: Installation problem over Windows XP Reply with quote

I've problem in installing PEAR over Windows XP with PHP 5.3.4.
I've already sucessfully installed a couple of time PEAR with former versions of PHP.
I've both installed using web or command line batch.

Now I'm trying to install by web to simulate also a installation on a shared host.

If I save the content of http://pear.php.net/go-pear and open it with browser, I got this message:

"Sorry! Your PHP version is too new (5.3.4) for this go-pear. Instead use http://pear.php.net/go-pear.phar for a more stable and current version of go-pear, more suited to your PHP version. Thank you for your coopertion and sorry for the inconvenience! "

Then I downloaded go-pear.phar as go-pear_phar.php and opening it with Firefox I get this message:

"manifest cannot be larger than 100 MB in phar "C:\Inetpub\wwwroot\prman\go-pear_phar.php"

If I open it using IE, I get the strange message of page not found.

Instead, testing an older go-pear, installation starts OK, failing later probably for package difference.

Many thanks in advance for the suggestion.
GodofredoYuda

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2011 11:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am using win 7 and I have had same problem as you. Any update on this?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PEAR Forum Forum Index -> Installation, Upgrading & Configuration All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: