PEAR Forum :: PHP Extension and Application Repository

PEAR Forum Forum Index
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Looking for classlib

Post new topic   Reply to topic    PEAR Forum Forum Index -> What do you miss in/about PEAR?
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mpirringer

PostPosted: Mon Apr 26, 2010 5:39 pm    Post subject: Looking for classlib Reply with quote

Hi,

I hope this is the right place to post that.

I have been a programmer for 30+ years now. For the past 20 years I was mostly doing Visual Foxpro stuff and some SQL stuff. Now most of that stuff has to go PHP/MYSQL. I did the MYSQL part for most of it and its running now with a VFP frontend (I blogged on it on planet MYSQL). Now the task is to move about 400 screens to PHP. I would like to keep much of the functionality so preferably am looking for some libraries (either open source or for pay) that come close to what I have done in the past.

1.) It should be object based - fully with AJAX included.
2.) it should be able to bind to a recordset.

I want to use a grid as an example.

1.) Grid binds to a record source object. So one defines a record source and then binds the grid and rows are automatically populated with the resultset when a method like "show" or "query" is called after setting the proper properties.

2.) Each column has to be able to hold a predefined objec. So for example row one could have a text field, row 2 a check box, row 3 a radio buttong etc.

3.) Each field should have to be able to have a validation method/event or attachable validator that by use of AJAX will give instant response in case there is an incorrect entry or more action needed like maybe popping up a small frame/window with extra options/selections.

4.) each column s/b able to be included/excluded based on security settings. in vfp each form is a table, each object has an id so that can be tied to a security table that for example would state that a particular logged in user is/is not to get the "cost" column on the grid. So currently I got a select statement joining the form table with the security table and only getting the necessary objects to the client This holds true for any objects. Plus the dataloader would set properties like "enabled, readonly" etc.

5.) each object should be able to have its own style set either by a style object and/or properties

6.) grid/objects s/b able to perform outomatic updates to the table based on property settings. So there could be for example a keyfield property and then the method/event would perform the update on row change for example (maybe with the option of a reread of the particular record to see if someone else changed it - emulating optimistic locking)

7.) classes s/b able to be expanded on - either by modifying the class itself or subclassing it and building on top of it.

Just some basic ideas. Now I can lock myself in and write something like that, but why should I if it maybe exists already. I have done a couple of smaller PHP projects and feel comfortable with it. But finishing projects is how I pay the mortgage and put food on the table and if I can get done sooner I get paid sooner

Any advice/help would be apprechiated.

Martin
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PEAR Forum Forum Index -> What do you miss in/about PEAR? All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: