PEAR Forum :: PHP Extension and Application Repository

PEAR Forum Forum Index
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Switch to Google Groups?

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    PEAR Forum Forum Index -> About this forum (Announcements!)
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Should we change to Google Groups?
No way! I like the forum
33%
 33%  [ 1 ]
No, but I wanna see some modification on this forum
66%
 66%  [ 2 ]
Yes, but not the Google Groups. Use .... instead.
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Yes. And as fast as you can, please!
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 3

primeminister
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Dec 01, 2008 5:37 pm    Post subject: Switch to Google Groups? Reply with quote

Hi,
The forum itself and the code is very old and I'm thinking of shutting the forum down for new admissions and open up a google group.

What do you all think? Do you prefer a forum like this? Or do you like the Google Groups mailinglist?
mark

PostPosted: Mon Dec 01, 2008 8:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hate Google Groups. If you're familiar with the Usenet, you know why I write this. I wouldn't participate there.

If you want to close the forum, I'd recommend to point people to the official mailinglist (or the Gmane.org interface of it) or maybe just to http://pear.php.net/support/, where people can also find e.g. an IRC channel. Many developers have subscribed to the mailinglist, and therefore helpful answers are much likely than in an unofficial ressource.
primeminister
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2008 2:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm just making an inquiry here. Not planning to shutdown the forum. But hesitating how to update the forum accordingly or another codebase, etc.
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    PEAR Forum Forum Index -> About this forum (Announcements!) All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: