PEAR Forum :: PHP Extension and Application Repository

PEAR Forum Forum Index
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
"Search" package

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    PEAR Forum Forum Index -> General PEAR questions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DigitalVibe

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2008 11:54 pm    Post subject: "Search" package Reply with quote

Hi all,

I've been looking all over forums and google and the pear site for answers, but my question is one which pulls back lots of ambiguous and irrelevant results. Hopefully you will be able to point me in the right direction.

I'm basically looking for a pear package which will facilitate the following:

1. Model Searching (DB_DataObject models)
2. Presentation and filtering of search results (rendering a search-refined & filtered table or matching records)

In my head I can see the presentation being handled by Structures_DataGrid, but i'm not sure how to accomplish 1.

Is there a package which makes the search facility and filters as easy as datagrids (ie, give it a few columns and options to work on), or will i have to code it from scratch?

Thanks in advance.

Cheers
Karl
mark

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2008 12:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is no real filtering support in Structures_DataGrid yet, but you could add it yourself, and use its already given DataGrid functionality. You could e.g. extend the existing DB_DataObject DataSource driver and a filter method there, and you could then invoke this filter method in your own code. Of course, you would also need one or more form elements. You haven't written anything about this, but you could e.g. make a new renderer for the form fields, and call this renderer, too (in addition to e.g. the HTML_Table renderer and the Pager renderer). Another option would be to extend the HTML_Table renderer, and to add the output of the form fields in this extended renderer. If you need more details, please ask more specific.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    PEAR Forum Forum Index -> General PEAR questions All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: