PEAR Forum :: PHP Extension and Application Repository

PEAR Forum Forum Index
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
QuickForm_advmultiselect

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    PEAR Forum Forum Index -> General PEAR questions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Pain

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2008 12:39 am    Post subject: QuickForm_advmultiselect Reply with quote

I have the:
HTML_QuickForm-3.2.10 package
HTML_QuickForm_advmultiselect-1.4.0 package

The files from the first one are in the HTML folder on the server.
Then from the second one i copied advmultiselect.php and qfamsHandler.js into the folder /HTML/QuickForm/ .

In the second package are examples, I tried the qfams_basic_1.php .
It does show up, but when I mark the cars and push '>>' it does not move them into the second window area.

It looks like, the are problems with the JavaScript, but I don't know why and how to fix it. Any ideas ?

Thx for any help
mark

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2008 12:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You could use Firefox and its error console to debug the problem. If there are JavaScript errors, you should see them there. If you don't know what the messages mean, you could past them there here into the forum.
Pain

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2008 6:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Error: qfamsMoveSelection is not defined
Source File: http://my.domain.com/qfams_basic_1.php
mark

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2008 7:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did you use the PEAR installer to install the two packages? If yes, you should have a file named qfamsHandler.js in your PEAR data directory. If the file can't be found there, the element can't find the needed JavaScript code. => put the file to right place or integrate the JS file (or its contents) yourself to the code (I'd recommend the first solution)
Pain

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2008 8:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just unpacked both package and uploaded the first one + 2 files from the second one : 'advmultiselect.php' and 'qfamsHandler.js' into the folder /HTML/QuickForm/

is it wrong to do so ?
mark

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2008 11:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pain wrote:
I just unpacked both package and uploaded the first one + 2 files from the second one : 'advmultiselect.php' and 'qfamsHandler.js' into the folder /HTML/QuickForm/

is it wrong to do so ?

Yes, it is wrong. It works for many packages, but you've found an example for a package where it doesn't work. You can either use the installer for installing the QF_AMS package again, or put the mentioned JS file to the right place (subdirectory of the PEAR data directory).
Pain

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2008 12:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My server account is not a VPS so I don't have access to the server console to install any package, thats why I did it that way

Edit: ok, I have solve the problem now by coping the qfamsHandler.js into the same catalog as the qfams_basic_1.php file and adding
Code:
<script type="text/javascript" src="qfamsHandler.js"></script>

in the php file ( after
Code:
$form->display();
)

thx for the help Smile
mark

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2008 11:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pain wrote:
My server account is not a VPS so I don't have access to the server console to install any package, thats why I did it that way

JFTR: There are several other possibilities for installing in such cases, e.g. using the web installer, the remote installer, or simply by copying the files via e.g. FTP.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    PEAR Forum Forum Index -> General PEAR questions All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: