PEAR Forum :: PHP Extension and Application Repository

PEAR Forum Forum Index
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Problems with Drupal

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    PEAR Forum Forum Index -> General PEAR questions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
HurjaHannes

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2008 1:04 pm    Post subject: Problems with Drupal Reply with quote

I run a Debian Etch server with PHP5, lighttpd and pear.
I have five virtual hosts, up and rocking. Everything works fine.

Now I have to install a brand new one on Drupal. But I get:

Quote:
Warning: require_once(./includes/bootstrap.inc) [function.require-once]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home (so on dir path)

Fatal error: require_once() [function.require]: Failed opening required './includes/bootstrap.inc' (include_path='.:/usr/share/php') in /home/ (so on dir path)

I searched similar faulty cases. Of course, I have tried to fix, without glory. I have changed path (in php.ini) to pear etc. Normal routines.

Clue? When I type "php -m" in shell, I don't get info (generated list) about exist modules in php.

Thanks for reading and sharing.

HurjaHannes, "Hurja" is "furious" in Finnish.
mark

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2008 2:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why do you ask this in a PEAR forum? There is no relation between PEAR and Drupal.
HurjaHannes

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2008 3:15 pm    Post subject: I see relation between pear and php5 Reply with quote

Firstly, I only saw problems with Drupal. Then I thought the origin of this problem. Drupal is a simple php-mysql-backboned cms. In the begining of installation, roughly, it sends a call and waits for results. It gets errors. There is no connection between php and pear. Or what do you say about
a quote above? Of course, my interpretation.

My pear is from a Debian packet, apt-get and ready-to-use. It answers to calls and orders perfectly. And I run FastCGI.

I am not fully familiar with pear. But If it's up and I type "php -m" in shell, I have to see "pear" in a list, generated by php. I can't see it there.

I have changed combination of phrase "include_path='.:/usr/share/php' and restarted lighttpd web server.

Thanks for reading and sharing.
mark

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2008 3:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

'bootstrap.inc' is not a component of PEAR. And 'php -m' will never list PEAR because PEAR is not a PHP module.

If Drupal needs PEAR, you'll need to add the PEAR directory to your include_path setting. But the quoted error message indicates more that a Drupal path needs to be added to the include_path.

A Drupal from should be the better place for questions about Drupal.
HurjaHannes

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2008 3:36 pm    Post subject: Thank you Mark Reply with quote

Thanks a lot. I'll open a tread there. And I'll enclose forthcoming summary of this problem here. To whom, nice-to-know people.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    PEAR Forum Forum Index -> General PEAR questions All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: