PEAR Forum :: PHP Extension and Application Repository

PEAR Forum Forum Index
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Installing Pear's Mail package with FTP to shared host

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    PEAR Forum Forum Index -> General PEAR questions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
sKunKbad

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2008 9:05 pm    Post subject: Installing Pear's Mail package with FTP to shared host Reply with quote

I am trying to FTP the Mail package to the pear/PEAR directory on my shared hosting account, but my FTP client says, "critical transfer error". I'm assuming that I don't have the correct server permission to upload, and I'm wondering how I can do this? This is my personal copy of pear, and not the server copy.
mark

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2008 11:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you're really using an FTP client and not the PEAR installer (which can also do remote installations), there seems to be an issue with your connection to the server. I don't see the relation to PEAR in this case.
sKunKbad

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2008 7:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

actually what happened was that the host had set the permissions for the pear folder so that I couldn't get in. The host was adding a pear package installer to the control panel while I was trying to figure this out. I had submitted a help ticket to the host, and they answered back telling me this. So I just simply went in to the control panel, installed the package in a couple clicks, and I was done! This is a new host for me, and I am very impressed with the service I have received so far.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    PEAR Forum Forum Index -> General PEAR questions All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: