PEAR Forum :: PHP Extension and Application Repository

PEAR Forum Forum Index
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
PEAR for Dummies

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    PEAR Forum Forum Index -> General PEAR questions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bbenjamin

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2007 5:42 am    Post subject: PEAR for Dummies Reply with quote

I'm really new at this PEAR stuff and am running into stumbling blocks one after another. I assume that I'm not a newbie alone. I can't afford to give up yet but I would guess that many do.

Here's the most recent one.
Code:
Fatal error: Class 'HTML_Common' not found in C:\vhosts\htdocs\HTML\Table\Storage.php on line 70

I realize that a fatal error probably means that the process is not going much further.
I realize that the class' HTML_Common' was not found, or, alternatively, HTML/Common was not found.
I realize that on line 70 of the Storage.php file was 'requiring' the HTML_Common.php file.
Yes, I 'installed' the HTML_Table package and, yes, I 'installed' the HTML_Common package.

Where do I go from here? What did I miss in a tutorial, help file, forum or whatever?

I have no idea as to where Storage.php is looking for the HTML_Common.php file.

It is probably unfortunate for the Open Source community that us newbies, to the extent that we stick it out, have to spend hours and hours and hours attempting to solve what is probably a simple problem.

If anyone has an answer as to how to solve this, please share with the other newbies.

TIA
Confused
Mittineague

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2007 12:31 am    Post subject: path problem Reply with quote

This sounds like a path problem. If you have uploaded the files correctly, you also have to let PEAR know where they are.
There are several ways to do this. IMHO a good way is to set the include_path in the php.ini file.
You can also use PHP in individual files using ini_set()
bbenjamin

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2007 12:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks, I'll give it a go this weekend.

Maybe what is needed is a step by step process with a test at each step so that errors can be caught instead of when they are multiplied or hidden by the trees.
Mittineague

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2007 4:52 am    Post subject: differences Reply with quote

I forgot to mention something important that's a common trouble spot.
Depending on the OS/server you use either "/" or "\" and either ";" or ":" in the include path.
mark

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2007 9:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The HTML_Table_Storage class (as well as the HTML_Table class itself) look for HTML/Common.php, not for HTML_Common.php. In your HTML/ directory, you should find both Table.php and Common.php, as well as an subdirectory named Table/, containing Storage.php.

If your scripts claim that they can't find these files although the directory structure described above is existing, it's likely that you haven't added your PEAR directory to your include_path.
jpadron79

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2007 12:39 am    Post subject: Warning: require_once(Spreadsheet/Excel/Writer.php Reply with quote

why always that i download and install a package, when i want to run a script there is the same warning Warning: require_once(Spreadsheet/Excel/Writer.php, even in php, send headers and it always refused with this message
mark

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2007 12:42 am    Post subject: Re: Warning: require_once(Spreadsheet/Excel/Writer.php Reply with quote

jpadron79 wrote:
why always that i download and install a package, when i want to run a script there is the same warning Warning: require_once(Spreadsheet/Excel/Writer.php, even in php, send headers and it always refused with this message

Please open a new topic with a more detailed and meaningful description of your problem ...
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    PEAR Forum Forum Index -> General PEAR questions All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: