PEAR Forum :: PHP Extension and Application Repository

PEAR Forum Forum Index
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
anti-spam thingies

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    PEAR Forum Forum Index -> About this forum (Announcements!)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
primeminister
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2007 10:34 pm    Post subject: anti-spam thingies Reply with quote

Hi all,
I updated this forum registration and added some things to control the automatic posts from fony users. Not the bots but users that once registered have a script to post several spam messages.

I you have any questions, problems or improvements don't hesitate to send me a PM or reply on this topic.

Regards,
- Ministry

Last edited by primeminister on Mon Dec 01, 2008 5:40 pm; edited 1 time in total
primeminister
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2007 9:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I also disabled putting links in the posts. This is the most common thing for spammers to do.
If you find this very irritating or not user friendly, contact me or post a comment here.
mark

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2007 10:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ministry wrote:
I also disabled putting links in the posts. This is the most common thing for spammers to do.
If you find this very irritating or not user friendly, contact me or post a comment here.

Would it be possible to allow one or two links? Or, maybe better, links to pear.php.net? The ability to still write links to a package page or to the manual would be nice.
primeminister
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2007 12:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, you are right.
I will look into that asap, because links to other posts or pear website should be nice in a forum about pear Wink
primeminister
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2007 11:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I removed the linkrejector mod, so it is possible to add links to posts or websites again.
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    PEAR Forum Forum Index -> About this forum (Announcements!) All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: